Who does the musical supervision work with?
Most high-profile music supervisors are freelancers who work on a project-by-project basis. However, music supervisors can also be employed by production companies; film, television, and video game studios; advertising companies; or even small music-supervision companies.
How do I get into music supervision?
The most common route to becoming a music supervisor is through support roles, either for an independent music supervisor, music supervision company, or music executive at a studio. For independent music supervisors, the title is often “Music Coordinator” or similar.
Who are the top music supervisors?
10 Music Supervisors to Watch in 2021
- Zach Cowie. Photo : Courtesy of Zach Cowie.
- Meryl Ginsberg* Photo : Courtesy of Meryl Ginsburg.
- Gabe Hilfer. Photo : Courtesy of Morgan Pansing.
- Amanda Krieg Thomas* Photo : Courtesy of Amanda Thomas.
- Alicia Patton. Photo : Courtesy of Alicia Patton.
- Maggie Phillips.
- Frankie Pine*
- Jen Ross.
Who is the music supervisor for GREY’s anatomy?
Alexandra Patsavas (born 1968) is an American music supervisor who has worked on over sixty films and television series, most notably The Twilight Saga, The O.C., Grey’s Anatomy and Gossip Girl.
Who picks the music for insecure?
Supervisor Kier Lehman
Inside the Soundtrack to ‘Insecure’ With Music Supervisor Kier Lehman.
How much does a music supervisor get paid?
Music Supervisor Salary
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
How do you pitch your music to music supervisors?
Tips on Pitching Your Songs to Music Supervisors
- Send download links. yousendit.com, box.net, etc.
- Send high-quality MP3 files. Don’t send WAV or AIFF files.
- Be selective in the music you send.
- Make sure your meta-data is properly filled out.
- Don’t expect feedback / Be judicious about following up.
How do you build relationships with music supervisors?
Building Relationship with Music Supervisors
- “Make sure you register your meta data correctly. The Supervisors get so many songs sent to them. Make it easier for them and provide all the information they will need.”
- “Don’t get discouraged. The first time you send songs to a Supervisor nothing may come of that exchange.
Do you need a degree to be a music supervisor?
Aspiring music supervisors need to receive a bachelor’s degree in order to be technically competent in both the musical and business aspects of this profession. Some relevant bachelor’s degree programs focus on music business and management.
What is the difference between a music supervisor and a composer?
Once the number of musicians is decided, the Musical Supervisor works with the composer and orchestrator on the best line-up. Essentially, it is the job of the Musical Supervisor to uphold the wishes of the composer and keep the musical ship floating on an even keel at all times.