What are some quotes about violence?
More Quotes on Violence
- Violence ever defeats its own ends.
- If you injure your neighbor, better not do it by halves.
- Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
- Violent excitement exhausts the mind and leaves it withered and sterile.
- Nothing good ever comes of violence.
What are quotes about war?
- There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
- The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.
- The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
- Older men declare war.
Did Gandhi really say an eye for an eye?
“An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind” is frequently attributed to M. K. Gandhi. The Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence states that the Gandhi family believes it is an authentic Gandhi quotation, but no example of its use by the Indian leader has ever been discovered.
What are some of the best quotes about war?
Quotes tagged as “war” Showing 1-30 of 6,892 “God created war so that Americans would learn geography.” “War is peace. “War is what happens when language fails.” “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
What are some good quotes about violence in literature?
Violence Quotes. “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”. “Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.”. “Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the Gun down.”.
Which is the most violent quote in the world?
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” “If someone puts their hands on you make sure they never put their hands on anybody else again.” “Learn this now and learn it well.
What is the meaning of the saying Love is a war?
Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him. When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. You live in a world at war.