Math is an important subject. You will need it during the whole life. Studying math, you will have to remember theory, solve problems, bring counting skills to automatism. And we have prepared for you a few tips on how to do homework in mathematics faster and better.
Do it immediately after school
For better memorization, a student should review the material that he learned in class, observing certain periods of time (immediately after studying, after 20 minutes, 40 minutes and after 8 hours).
By the end of the last lesson, the student barely has 40% of the material that he passed at the beginning of the day. So, it’s necessary to sit down for homework right after classes, while student remembers nearly the whole material.
What happens when a student does homework in the evening or even a few days after he received it? There is no motivation to practice, as it is necessary to find the theoretical material in the textbook, look for the necessary paragraph, remember the rules, strain more than it should be. By the time the student sits down for lessons, he or she does not remember more than half of the theory. There is no motivation to practice.
Do homework divided into rounds of 25 minutes
One of the rules of time management is that the task should be divided into rounds of 25 minutes, between them take short breaks (5-7 minutes). Set the timer on the phone for 20-25 minutes and at this time concentrate as much as possible on the subject. When the time is up, it is important to postpone the textbook and get some rest (also on a timer so that there is no temptation to distract from the lessons). Then take up the next task.
Sequence of actions
- Read the theoretical material in the textbook that you are currently studying.
- Consider examples of problem-solving.
- Solve tasks. Start with the easy task, then move on to more difficult ones.
- Strictly arrange the solution of the problem according to the rules. Be sure to write down the answer.
- Do not sit on the task for too long. If backside does not work, go to the next one. Return to this task later.
- Discuss tasks that seem particularly difficult to you with classmates, teachers, or parents. Do not leave unsolved problems.
- At the control and independent work in mathematics, first of all, solve the problems of which you are confident. Then figure out the rest. This will allow you to secure a positive mark.
- Solve problems beyond the classroom. If you want to master the material excellently, look for additional tasks on your topic. Learn to get your knowledge and skills by yourself, it will be very useful for you in the future.
If you do not understand the topic
- If you find some gaps in knowledge, collect all the existing math textbooks and start looking through them and search of those that remained incomprehensible. Read these topics carefully and solve the examples by yourself to understand the way of solving.
- Purchase a math reference book if there are too many textbooks and you have little time. Reference books are good because they contain a lot of information with a relatively small volume. Read the topics you do not understand, and then go to the textbook and consolidate the knowledge gained in practice. At first pair, you can use math homework help online until you understand the topic completely. This will prevent getting bad grades.
- Agree on a lesson with a tutor if self-study is hard and useless work for you. Each tutor is essentially the same teacher, just attentive to you. Therefore, never hesitate to ask questions, clarify, and most importantly, do not be afraid to make mistakes. The tutor is your guide to the world of mathematics, he has his own study plan, as well as a wide variety of materials for independent and additional work. Therefore, at the initial stage of studying or repeating a course in mathematics, it always makes sense to find someone who understands it much better.
- Write cheat sheets with formulas and definitions. It’s not about using them in an exam or test. Hang these little pieces of paper in your apartment, you can do it in the bedroom and in the kitchen, and, of course, in the toilet (the leader in the effectiveness of the repetition of the material studied). Looking at all these formulas every day, you will make them part of your consciousness and one day you will not notice how they will begin to emerge in your memory by themselves.