How do I unprotect a workbook in Excel 2010 without the password?
How to unprotect Excel sheet without password
- Open your Excel document and switch to the password-protected sheet (it should be active when you run the macro).
- Press Alt + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
Can you break a password protected Excel File?
While many applications may claim to remove password encryption from password-protected Excel workbooks, PassFab is known for being safe and easy to use. It can also decrypt Excel files made in all versions of Excel, including 2019 and Microsoft 365.
How do you unlock an Excel workbook?
When you want to unlock the sheet, click the File tab on the ribbon menu. Then, click Info, click Protect and click Unprotect Sheet. If there is a password, you will be prompted to enter it. If you don’t know it, contact the person who sent you the spreadsheet to request it.
How do I unlock a password protected Excel file?
The steps are pretty simple. All you have to do is open the desired workbook and click on the Unprotect Sheet, which will remove the password. To change the password, click on Protect Workbook and type and confirm the new password.
How do I unprotect an Excel file?
Unprotect an Excel worksheet
- Go to File > Info > Protect > Unprotect Sheet, or from the Review tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet.
- If the sheet is protected with a password, then enter the password in the Unprotect Sheet dialog box, and click OK.
How do I remove a password from an Excel spreadsheet?
How to remove a password to unencrypt an Excel spreadsheet
- Open your encrypted Excel spreadsheet, type in the password, and click “OK.”
- Click on the “File” tab, then click on “Info.”
- Click on the box labeled “Protect Workbook” to open a drop-down menu.
- Delete the password that appears, so that the field is blank.
Why can’t I unprotect my Excel sheet?
File | Save as and navigate the where you want to save it. When the Save As dialog box pops up look at the bottom by the Save button and press the arrow on the tools dropdown. Select ‘General Options’ and delete the password and save the workbook.
How do you lock a file in Excel?
To prevent others from accessing data in your Excel files, protect your Excel file with a password. Select File > Info . Select the Protect Workbook box and choose Encrypt with Password. Enter a password in the Password box, and then select OK . Confirm the password in the Reenter Password box, and then select OK . See More….
How do I unlock a locked Excel sheet?
Open the Excel workbook you want to unlock. Select “Tools,” “Protection” and “Unlock Workbook” from the toolbar. If you added a password initially (when you locked the file), you will be prompted to type it in. Click on “OK” in the “Unprotect Workbook” box.
How do I unblock Excel files?
If the spreadsheets are not created on this machine (downloaded or transferred from another machine), try the following steps and check if it helps: Right click on the excel file. Select Properties. Remain on General tab. Scroll to the bottom of the General tab and select “Unblock” to unblock the file.
How do you unlock protected Excel sheet without password?
1. Download Office Password Remover, install and launch it. 2. Click Open button and select the Excel (.xls) file which you want to unlock. 3. Click Remove Password button, the protected password will be removed from your Excel workbook in a soon. 4. Click on Open, you will find the Excel file is unlocked without password.