How do I reset my motorola Surfboard modem password?
To access the settings of your WiFi modem:
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- In the address bar, type: 192.168.0.1 [Then press the Enter Key]
- Enter Username*: admin.
- Enter Password*: motorola.
- Click Login.
- Click the Wireless menu and then click on Primary Network Settings.
How do I reset my motorola Surfboard modem?
FACTORY RESET (or “HARD RESET”):
- Make sure the power to your unit is ON.
- Disconnect the Coaxial cable in the back of your modem.
- Use a straightened paperclip, tip of a ballpoint pen, or push pin.
- Locate the RESET hole, located in the back of your device.
- Push the RESET hole in for 25 seconds, then let go.
How do I find my motorola modem password?
ANSWER: Motorola cable modem routers come equipped with a default Network Name (SSID) and Wi-Fi Password (Wireless Security Key). They are printed on the label on the bottom of the cable modem router.
Why is my Motorola Surfboard not working?
If you are having troubles connecting to the internet, first try to reset the modem by unplugging the power cord from the modem and wait 1 to 2 minutes. When the modem lights come back on restart your computer or if your modem is connected to a router unplug your router for 30 seconds and plug it back in again.
Where is the password located on the router?
Check your router’s default password, usually printed on a sticker on the router. In Windows, head to Network and Sharing Center, click on your Wi-Fi network, and head to Wireless Properties > Security to see your Network Security Key. On a Mac, open Keychain Access and search for your Wi-Fi network name.
What happens if you forget your modem password?
The default login username and password both are admin. If you or someone had changed them but you forget them now, the only way to access the modem/router is to reset the router to factory default settings. Note: If you reset the device, the device will return to factory defaults, you will lose all your settings.
How do I reset my router name and password?
How to Change Your WiFi Name and Password
- Open a web browser.
- Then type your router’s IP address into the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Next, enter your router’s username and password and click Sign In.
- Then click Wireless.
- Next, change your new WiFi name and/or password.
- Finally, click Apply or Save.
How can you reset the Motorola sb5101 modem-network?
1. Locate the modem and remove the power cable. 2. Unplug the router power cable. 3. Wait 30 seconds. 4. Plug the modem power cable back and wait for 4 green lights to appear. 5. Plug the power cable back into the router. You internet connection should now be available again.
How to login to the SURFboard SBG6580 router?
How to login to the SURFboard SBG6580 : Make sure you are connected to the router’s network, either by Wi-Fi or ethernet cable. Open your browser and visit. http://192.168.0.1. You should be prompted with a login dialogue. Enter the username: admin. and the password motorola. You will now be logged in.
What’s the difference between sb5100 and sb5101 cable modem?
SB5101 Cable Modem Overview 1 Introduction The SB5101 Cable Modem is a stand-alone unit with an external power supply, it is the latest product in the Motorola Surfboard range, the SB5101 will be produced alongside the existing SB5100 modem and will eventually replace it. Page 5: Sb5101.