How do I remove Windows 8 update files?
Open the Recycle Bin on the desktop and right-click the Windows Update files you just deleted. Select “Delete” form the menu and click “Yes” to confirm you want to permanently remove the files form your computer if you are sure you no longer need them.
How do I delete old Windows update files?
How to Delete Old Windows Update Files
- Open the Start menu, type Control Panel, and press Enter.
- Go to Administrative Tools.
- Double-click on Disk Cleanup.
- Select Clean up system files.
- Mark the checkbox next to Windows Update Cleanup.
- If available, you can also mark the checkbox next to Previous Windows installations.
How do I remove old Windows 8.1 update?
In the Control Panel window, click Programs. In the Programs window, click Programs and Features. In the Programs and Features window, on the left side pane under Tasks, choose View installed updates. In the Installed Updates window, click to select the update you want to remove, and then click the Uninstall button.
How do I delete Windows after installing Ubuntu?
If you want to remove Windows and replace it with Ubuntu, choose Erase disk and install Ubuntu. All of the files on the disk will be deleted before Ubuntu is put on it, so make sure you have backup copies of anything you wanted to keep. For more complicated disk layouts, choose Something Else.
How do I clean up Windows Update folder?
Find and double click on Windows Update and then click on Stop button.
- To delete Update cache, go to – C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder.
- Press CTRL+A and press Delete to remove all files and folders.
How can I have both Windows and Linux?
Follow the steps below to install Linux Mint in dual boot with Windows:
- Step 1: Create a live USB or disk.
- Step 2: Make a new partition for Linux Mint.
- Step 3: Boot in to live USB.
- Step 4: Start the installation.
- Step 5: Prepare the partition.
- Step 6: Create root, swap and home.
- Step 7: Follow the trivial instructions.
What happens if I delete SoftwareDistribution folder?
If you were to delete the folder itself, it will get automatically re-created and the required WU components downloaded automatically. However, this data store also contains your Windows Update History files. If you delete them you will lose your Update history.