How do I manually Uninstall an instance of SQL Server 2008 R2?
How to Uninstall a SQL Server Instance in SQL Server 2008R2 and 2008
- Chose SQL Server 2008 R2 then Right-click Uninstall /Change.
- Click OK to proceed. In the next screen select the instance of SQL Server to remove.
- Click Next to proceed to the Remove Rules.
- Click Next to proceed. Ready to Remove Server 2008 R2 and 2008.
How do I manually delete a SQL instance?
How to manually remove an SQL database
- Control panel > Programs and Features > Select ‘Microsoft SQL Server 2014’ and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Select ‘Remove’.
- Select the database you want to remove and click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Select all’ and click ‘Next’.
- Click on ‘Remove’.
- When finished the status should be ‘Succeeded’.
How do I delete a database in SQL Server 2008 R2?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- Expand Databases, right-click the database to delete, and then click Delete.
- Confirm the correct database is selected, and then click OK.
How do I Uninstall Windows Server 2008 R2?
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features:
- Click on the appropriate program and select ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Repair’ then follow the wizard.
How do I uninstall one SQL Server instance?
- Use the drop-down to select Instance, mark the SQL Server instance name, or the option to remove only SQL Server shared features and management tools. To continue, select Next.
- On the Select Features page, choose the features which required to be removed from the instance of SQL Server.
How do I completely uninstall SQL Server 2019?
Windows 10 / 2016 +
- To begin the removal process, navigate to Settings from the Start menu and then choose Apps.
- Search for sql in the search box.
- SQL Server (Version) (Bit).
- Select Uninstall/Change.
- Select Remove on the SQL Server dialog pop-up to launch the SQL Server installation wizard.
How do I completely uninstall SQL Server 2014?
To uninstall SQL Server instance, go to Control Panel and then Programs and Features. Select and right-click on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and select Uninstall/remove. Click on remove.
What is the syntax to delete a database file?
Answer: In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine and then expand that instance. Expand Databases, right-click the database from which to delete the file, and then click Properties. Select the Files page.
Can I rename a SQL Server instance?
You can change the name of SQL Server instance on secondary server in log shipping if the primary server is permanently lost. If you have linked server configurations then it will be affected by the computer renaming operation.
How do I completely remove SQL Server 2014 instance?
How do I uninstall Analysis Services?
On the Feature Maintenance page, select Analysis Services. The Microsoft SQL Server Maintenance Wizard then launches the Microsoft SQL Server Installation Wizard. On the Change or Remove Instance page, click Remove Microsoft SQL Server. Click Next, and then follow the instructions on subsequent wizard pages.
How to uninstall SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2008?
In the next screen select the instance of SQL Server to remove. Now select the features for the SQL Server instance that you want to remove. Click Next to proceed to the Remove Rules. Click Next to proceed. Ready to Remove Server 2008 R2 and 2008. Your SQL Server Instance has been removed successfully.
How can I remove an instance of SQL Server?
On the Select Instance page, use the drop-down box to specify an instance of SQL Server to remove, or specify the option to remove only the SQL Server shared features and management tools. To continue, select Next.
What happens when I uninstall SQL Server browser?
In SQL Server 2008, the SQL Server Browser is a separate installation that is performed automatically with the Database Engine or Analysis Services. If you have multiple instances of SQL Server 2008, the SQL Server Browser is uninstalled automatically when the last instance of SQL Server 2008 is uninstalled.
How to uninstall SQL Server from Windows 10?
To uninstall SQL Server from Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, and greater, follow these steps: To begin the removal process navigate to Settings from the Start menu and then choose Apps. Search for sql in the search box. Select Microsoft SQL Server (Version) (Bit). For example, Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (64-bit).