How do I change the region on my DVD Player Mac?
- Insert the DVD into the optical drive on your MacBook Pro.
- Consult the DVD package to verify which region code to use.
- Click the “Change Drive Region to” drop-down menu, and then click the region code.
- Click “Set Drive Region.”
- Click on the “Lock” icon to save your settings.
How can I make my Mac DVD Player region free?
The solution is use VLC (Video LAN Client) instead of Apple’s DVD Player. To make this work you must go into System Preferences for DVD Movie and either set VLC as the default application or set it to ignore. This will cause OS X to think of the non-Region 1 DVD as a data disk and mount it in the Finder.
How can I play a region 2 DVD on my Mac?
Download and install VLC and open it, then select File > Open Disc. Click on the Disc tab -> click on DVD -> select the device -> click OK (usually this is selected by default). The DVD will now play, and your region code will remain intact.
Can you make any DVD Player multi-region?
Open the DVD player’s main drive, also commonly called the DVD “tray.” The region cannot be changed while a DVD is in the machine, so many DVD players require the tray to be open as an extra precaution.
How do I change the region on my DVD player?
Changing the region
- Turn your DVD or Blu-ray Player on and make sure there’s no disc inside.
- Using your remote, have a browse through the settings and look for Info, Setup or Preferences.
- Select your desired region code from the list above, kick back and take in those global titles!
Is the Apple DVD player region free?
It is not Apple’s choice to region code lock DVD’s. All DVD players in all computers and in all stand-alone DVD players are locked by region. Please be careful with the information that you pass along here.
Are there any DVD players that are region free?
Luckily, region-free DVD and Blu-ray players, which allow you to play DVDs and Blu-ray discs from around the world, are plentiful. Although most of us now use a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Prime, physical media still has a place in many homes.
Can you change the region of a DVD on a Mac?
On a new Mac, the DVD drive is automatically locked to the DVD region code that is first used. From then on, this can only be changed four more times.
How does a DVD player work on a Mac?
Every DVD player (that includes the one in your computer) is sold being able to play only discs with the same region as the country it was sold in. That includes Macs too, sort of. On a new Mac, the DVD drive is automatically locked to the DVD region code that is first used. From then on, this can only be changed four more times.