How do I change default boot?
To Choose Default OS in System Configuration (msconfig)
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, type msconfig into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Configuration.
- Click/tap on the Boot tab, select the OS (ex: Windows 10) you want as the “default OS”, click/tap on Set as default, and click/tap on OK. (
How do I change BIOS boot settings?
Steps on How to Change System Boot Order
- Step 1: Enter your Computer’s BIOS set up utility.
- Step 2: Navigate to the boot order menu in BIOS.
- Step 3: Change the Boot Order.
- Step 4: Save your Changes.
How do I change the default operating system boot up for GRUB menu?
You need to edit the /etc/default/grub file to set Windows as your default OS. You will then select the Windows partition, in my case “Windows 7 (loader) (on /dev/sda1)” including the double quotes and copy it. It will open the /etc/default/grub file with gedit.
Where are BIOS settings in Windows 7?
Here is how you can do it.
- Press and hold Shift, then turn off the system.
- Press and hold the function key on your computer that allows you to go into BIOS settings, F1, F2, F3, Esc, or Delete (please consult your PC manufacturer or go through your user manual).
- You will find the BIOS configuration.
How do I reset BIOS boot order?
A change to the boot sequence will change the order in which devices are booted.
- Step 1: Turn on or Restart Your Computer.
- Step 2: Enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Step 3: Find the Boot Order Options in BIOS.
- Step 4: Make Changes to the Boot Order.
- Step 5: Save Your BIOS Changes.
- Step 6: Confirm Your Changes.
How do I change the Startup menu in Windows 7?
Changing Existing Startup Items via MSConfig. Click the Windows “Start” button and type “msconfig” in the search text box. Click on MSConfig in the search results.This opens the System Configuration console. Click the “Startup” tab.
How to get to the boot menu in Windows 7?
How to Get to Boot Menu on Windows 7 1 Press Alt+F4. 2 Click the drop-down menu. 3 Select Restart. 4 Click OK. 5 Press and hold F8 as soon as the computer restarts. See More….
How to change the name of the boot menu?
Change the friendly name of the newly created boot entry so that you can identify it in the boot menu. Add parameters to the boot entry that enable and configure Windows features. Then, to make testing quicker and easier:
What are the Advanced Startup options in Windows 7?
Advanced startup options (including safe mode) Windows 7 The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.