How do I block YouTube hosts on Mac?
Here’s how to block YouTube on Mac using the hosts file.
- Go to Applications → Utilities → Terminal.
- 2.In Terminal, type the code sudo /bin/cp /etc/hosts /etc/hosts-original and press Enter.
- Type the administrator password and press Enter.
- Type the code sudo /Applications/TextEdit.
How do I block YouTube from hosting?
How to Block YouTube in All Computer Browsers
- First, open your computer’s ‘hosts’ file. You can do this on a Windows computer or on a Mac computer.
- Enter a line at the bottom with YouTube’s address >> Type 127.0.
- Next, type in 127.0.
- Next, save your ‘hosts’ file.
- That’s it!
How do I block a host file on a Mac?
How to Block a Website Using Mac OS X Hosts File
- STEP 1: Go to your Mac’s main application folder, then click Utilities, and then click Terminal.
- STEP 2: On the Terminal command line, type “sudo /bin/cp /etc/hosts /etc/hosts-original” then press [Enter] to make a backup copy of the file.
Where is parental control on Mac?
How to set parental controls on Mac
- Step 1: Click the Apple icon and go to System Preferences. In the top-left corner of your Mac screen, you’ll find the iconic Apple symbol.
- Step 2: Click the Parental Controls icon.
- Step 3: Select the account to modify.
- Step 4: Set Parental Controls.
How do I block certain hours on YouTube?
Here’s how to set the timer:
- Tap the lock icon in the bottom corner of any page in the app.
- Read and enter the numbers that appear or enter your custom passcode.
- Select Timer.
- Use the slider bar or the and icons to set a time limit.
- Tap Start Timer.
Where is host file on Mac?
Hosts File Location The Hosts file on a Mac is found in the /etc/hosts folder.
What happened to parental controls on Mac?
Apple’s newest desktop operating system, Catalina (10.15), was released in October 2019. With the introduction of Catalina, Apple replaced the traditional parental controls available on previous versions of macOS, because those features are now included in Screen Time settings.
How do I restrict websites on my Mac?
How To Block Websites On Mac
- Open Screen Time in System Preferences.
- Navigate to App Limits.
- Click the plus sign.
- Check the box next to any app category or select the dropdown arrow to check a specific app.
- Scroll all the way down to see all the websites you can block as well and even add your own to the list.
Is there a way to block YouTube on Mac?
Here’s how to block YouTube on Mac using the hosts file. 1.Go to Applications → Utilities → Terminal. 2.In Terminal, type the code sudo /bin/cp /etc/hosts /etc/hosts-original and press Enter. 3.Type the administrator password and press Enter.
How to block websites on macOS from the hosts file?
Block websites on macOS In order to edit the hosts file on macOS, or even access it for that matter, you need admin rights. Open Terminal and enter the following command. You will be prompted to enter the admin user’s password. sudo nano /etc/hosts Enter the password and the new interface you see is basically the contents of the hosts file.
How to block YouTube wikiHow on my computer?
Windows — Click File, click Save As…, click Text Documents, click All Files in the drop-down menu, click the “hosts” file, click Save, and click Yes when prompted. Mac — Press Control+X ( not ⌘ Command+X ), press Y when prompted, and press ⏎ Return. Restart your computer.
How can I edit the hosts file on Mac?
In order to edit the hosts file on macOS, or even access it for that matter, you need admin rights. Open Terminal and enter the following command. You will be prompted to enter the admin user’s password. sudo nano /etc/hosts Enter the password and the new interface you see is basically the contents of the hosts file.