Parents who believe that they can not help their children to complete English homework need to know that children do not expect you to competent assistance, they just need their attention and support. To help the child with homework does not mean to do it for him, but to monitor and if will need to support.
Tips for parents to help with doing English homework
To help the child with the English homework, every parent should observe the following rules:
- before to begin to do English homework, check the notes in the class exercise book, give the child the opportunity to remember the material passed in the lesson;
- ask the child to read the words aloud and listen carefully. If you hear mistakes and inaccuracies, in any case, do not scold the child, just correct him and say that next time he will read correctly;
- accustom the child to the fact that new words and phrases should be written in a notebook and memorized. This will greatly help him easily reproduce words from memory during tests;
- learning the English language begins with the repetition of words and phrases after someone. Organize audio lessons for your child so that he can hear the correct pronunciation and try to copy it;
- always check the presence of a record about homework, make sure that the child does not forget to do it.
Tips for parents if the child refuses to learn English
Children are not always happy to learn a particular school subject for a number of reasons: it seems to them too difficult or child is just being lazy. If your child refuses to learn English, use the tips below:
- If the study of English is not interesting to the child, then try to make these classes interesting and exciting for him, in this will help cartoons in English, computer programs, special sites.
- Contact a teacher who has extensive teaching experience and will tell you the approaches that will facilitate learning English for the child.
- Always be interested in what your child learned in English class. If the child will see that you are interested, he will also be interested in this.
- Always offer your child help with homework and lesson preparation.
- Always check the condition of the child’s books and exercises books.
- If a child learns new words in English, then learn these words with him, help to make sentences with these words, so that the child understands its meaning and how it can be used in speech.
- If the child is doing well in terms of learning English, not only praise him but also encourage.
What every schoolchild should know when doing English homework
Explain to your child that a proper organization of English homework process is very important. Tell him the following guidelines, so he can prepare and complete his English homework on his own: prepare your workplace, remove all unnecessary from the table, so that nothing distracts from homework. Textbooks and notebooks are also required to be in the workplace. If the task consists of written and oral works, then, first of all, start doing oral tasks, and then written. If there are new words in the homework, then learn them first. Repeat everything that was learned in class. Alternately complete difficult and easy tasks, making small breaks between it to rest. Do not learn by heart the material of a large volume entirely, it is better to divide it into parts. Do your homework thoughtfully and carefully.
Tips for doing written English homework
Carefully read the text of the task. Check the workbook to find similar tasks in it. Open the textbook and repeat the rules on the subject of homework. After the work is written, check it carefully. Write on the draft, so that if there are mistakes it can be corrected and rewritten without it in the workbook. If you need help with your English assignment, please contact the Internet source help with English homework.
Tips for doing oral English homework
Read the tasks and decide where you will start its implementation. If necessary, use a dictionary if you come across unfamiliar words in the task. Write these words down and try to remember it. If the task indicates that you need to read the text, then do it several times.