What are 10 examples of simple sentence?
10 example of simple sentence
- Does he play tennis?
- The train leaves every morning at 18 AM.
- Water freezes at 0°C.
- I love my new pets.
- They don’t go to school tomorrow.
- We drink coffee every morning.
- 7.My Dad never works on the weekends.
- Cats hate water.
What is a simple sentence 4 examples?
A simple sentence has just one independent clause. For example: You’re only as good as your last haircut.
What are the 7 simple sentences?
The English language has seven basic sentence (or clause) patterns….7 Basic Sentence Patterns
- John / laughed. (SV)*
- John / kissed / Jane. (SVO)
- John / is / tall. (SVC)
- John / gave / Jane / a present. (SVOO)
- John / made / Jane / angry. (SVOC)
- John / sat / up. (SVA)
- John / put / the bag / down. (SVOA)
Can simple sentences examples?
Could sentence example
- I wish you could hear yourself talking.
- What could he do about it but lose more sleep?
- How could she blame him?
- How could he find out?
- I never thought I could do it.
- I had let so much gas out of my balloon that I could not rise again, and in a few minutes the earth closed over my head.
What are 5 examples of sentence?
Examples of simple sentences include the following:
- Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.
- The train was late.
- Mary and Samantha took the bus.
- I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station.
- Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
What are two examples of a simple sentence?
What is simple sentence English?
A simple sentence is a sentence that contains a single independent clause. In grammar, a clause is a group of words that contains a subject and a predicate. A simple sentence has only one subject and one predicate, as in Tom is hungry.
Can you please sentences?
Examples: “Could you please move this box?” “I could, but I am really busy right now.” “Could you please pass that paper.” “Sure, I can.”
Would use in sentences?
In reported speech clauses, “would” is the past tense of “will.”…The Many Uses of ‘Would’ in Everyday Speech, Part 1.
|Uses of ‘Would’||Example||Structure|
|Asking someone to do something||Would you (please) pass the jelly?||Would you + simple verb form + direct object|
|Would you (please) pass me the jelly?||Would you + simple verb form + indirect object + direct object|
What words are in a simple sentence?
A simple sentence contains only one independent clause. An independent clause is a group of words that has a subject and a verb and can stand alone as a complete thought. These kinds of sentences have only one independent clause, and they don’t contain any subordinate clauses.
What are some examples of sentences?
I ate dinner.
What is an example of a complex sentence?
complex sentence. noun. The definition of a complex sentence is the joining of an independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. An example of a complex sentence is, “When I finish my homework, I will start baking the cookies.”.
What is an example of a short sentence?
These examples are all simple sentences, despite their length: The mangy, scrawny stray dog hurriedly gobbled down the grain-free, organic dog food. I quickly put on my red winter jacket, black snow pants, waterproof boots, homemade mittens, and handknit scarf. The incessant ticking and chiming echoed off the weathered walls of the clock repair shop.
What is sentence examples?
An example of sentence is a group of words in a book that begins with a capital letter and ends with a punctuation mark. Sentence means a ruling of punishment made by a judge in a court case. An example of sentence is twenty years in prison after a murder conviction.