How do you use Endue?
Use “endue” in a sentence | “endue” sentence examples
- Children seem to be endued with endless vitality.
- Hamlet endued the character of a madman.
- He prayed to God night and day to endue him with the spirit of holiness.
- Endued with evenness of mind, one casts off in this very life both good deeds and evil deeds.
What does it mean to be endued?
verb (used with object), en·dued, en·du·ing. to invest or endow with some gift, quality, or faculty. to put on; assume: Hamlet endued the character of a madman. to clothe.
How do you use darkened in a sentence?
Watson disappeared down a darkened hallway, returning quickly. Sunny darted for the darkened bedroom. He hoped the darkened car would mask his face. A tall figure darkened the doorway and she looked up to find Cade watching her.
What is Endeus?
Endow or provide with a quality or ability. ‘our sight would be endued with a far greater sharpness’
What does endowed mean?
1 : to furnish with an income especially : to make a grant of money providing for the continuing support or maintenance of endow a hospital. 2 : to furnish with a dower. 3 : to provide with something freely or naturally endowed with a good sense of humor.
Is Endurement a word?
What do endow me mean?
transitive verb. 1 : to furnish with an income especially : to make a grant of money providing for the continuing support or maintenance of endow a hospital. 2 : to furnish with a dower. 3 : to provide with something freely or naturally endowed with a good sense of humor.
What type of word is darken?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishdark‧en /ˈdɑːkən $ ˈdɑːr-/ ●○○ verb 1 [intransitive, transitive] to become dark, or to make something dark The sky darkened and a few drops of rain fell. a darkened theater The evening shadows darkened the room.
What is darkening mean?
1 : to grow dark : become obscured the skies were darkening. 2 : to become gloomy his mood darkened. transitive verb. 1 : to make dark. 2 : to make less clear : obscure the financial crisis darkened the future of the company.
What is an example of endowed?
1. To endow is defined as to provide a quality, a talent, an asset or funding. An example of endow is when a parent passes on his intelligence to his child and the child is endowed with intelligence. An example of endow is when you give money to a university to build a library or set up a scholarship fund. verb.