How do you hang string lights outside?
However, you can spruce up your backyard or outdoor space without using a drill or staple gun in one of these ways:
- Drape your string lights between tree branches.
- Hang string lights in or on shrubs.
- Line pathways or walkways with string lights.
- Use painter’s tape to fasten string lights beneath a deck railing.
Will string lights melt over fire pit?
To hang your string lights, you’ll need to place poles around the perimeter of your fire pit area. You could also crisscross them across the fire pit area. Be careful with this; you don’t want the heat from your firepit to melt the lights above.
How do you hang string lights outside without trees?
How to Hang String Lights In Your Backyard Without Trees
- Along a Fence. Aside from hanging string lights on trees, perhaps the easiest method is to hang along a fence.
- On Patio or Deck Railing.
- On Other Existing Supports.
- On Other Shrubbery.
- Build Your Own Supports.
- Length and Bulb Type.
- Power Source.
How do you hang outdoor string lights on a pergola?
How to hang outdoor string lights on a deck or pergola:
- Measure the space to determine how many lights you will need.
- Screw the Screw Eye hooks into place.
- Connect the molded loop to the screw hook using a D-ring clip.
- Screw the bulbs into place.
- Attach lights to Outdoor Wireless Remote Control Weatherproof Outlet.
How do you hang lights under a covered patio?
- Step 1: Select Anchor Points. Lay string lights around the perimeter of your deck.
- Step 2: Install Screw Eyes. Predrill holes into the wood structural supports in your marked locations.
- Step 3: Attach String Lights with Carabiners.
- Step 4: Install Light Bulbs.
- Step 5: Attach String Lights to Power.
How do you calculate patio string lights?
String Lights For columns or trees, measure once around and multiply that by how many times you’ll wind your light around. Once you determine the total length, divide that by the length of a single strand for the quantity you’ll need to purchase.
Can I use PVC pipe to hang string lights?
There are several different ways we could have hung the lights. It can be a little tricky when hanging lights on a slope. You will want to dig an 18″ hole and then place a PVC Pipe into it. Just make sure it goes below the grass line.
How do you hang outdoor decorations?
- Clean the area where you’ll hang your outdoor art with TSP or rubbing alcohol.
- Cut exterior double sided tape to fit and apply to your piece of outdoor art.
- Peel off the back and press your outdoor wall art firmly in place.
- And your done!
What are the best string lights?
The Brightown 25Ft G40 Black String Lights are arguably the best outdoor string lights. They are designed for patios, decks, and tents. These lights are also useful when it comes to weddings and parties.
What are the best lights for outdoor lighting?
But if you don’t have an outlet available for your outdoor lighting, look for USB-powered or solar string lights. Bulb type String lights come with a wide variety of bulb types and shapes, but LED bulbs are the most common. These bulbs offer the longest lifespan and best energy savings of any bulb type.
What are the best solar lights for backyard?
1. Magictec Warm Solar Spotlights – 2-in-1 LED Lights . The Magictec solar spotlight is one of the best solar spot outdoor lights on the market. They come two in a pack and are affordable too.
What are the best patio lights?
The LEDs are the best because they last long, are energy efficient, and they do not have mercury. At least 30 lumens are the recommended brightness for patio lights. The solar light batteries have a life span of approximately 2 years and the replacement can be bought so it can be installed in the solar lights.