How do you comment on reading skills?
- Word skills • Read all the words correctly. • Read familiar words independently. • Found some words difficult.
- Comprehension • Understood the story well. • Good discussion about events in the story. • Retold the story in detail.
- Attitude and interest • Read eagerly. • Enjoyed the story because …… •
How do you report on reading?
5 Tips on Reading a Research Report
- Read the executive summary first. Executive summaries are designed to give you an overview of the entire report.
- Skim read the report.
- Read it with a highlighter and pen to annotate.
- Focus on the break out boxes.
- Take your time.
How do you comment on a story?
How to comment on a story
- Be relevant: Discuss the story and stay on topic.
- Be respectful: Keep things civil.
- Be honest: Use your own name; don’t pose as another person.
- Be discreet: Don’t publish telephone numbers, addresses or other personal information about yourself or others.
How do you write a good information report?
Tips for writing a great information report
- Assume your readers are not as knowledgeable on the topic as you are.
- Use the correct scientific and technical terms in your report.
- Find or create some labelled diagrams if possible.
- Use paragraphs effectively.
What are the comments on a report card?
An assortment of report card comments and phrases focusing on reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills. Appropriate for all grade levels, the comments and phrases can be edited or modified to suit every student in your class. _______’s reading has improved considerably throughout the year.
What should I write on my report card for Language Arts?
Report Card Comments for Language Arts and Reading An assortment of report card comments and phrases focusing on reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills. Appropriate for all grade levels, the comments and phrases can be edited or modified to suit every student in your class.
What makes a good student on a report card?
1. (student name) is showing enthusiasm for the material read. 2. Has increased their reading comprehension skills. 3. Works to the fullest of his/her abilities. 4. Increasing their self-confidence in their reading ability. 5. ____ is steadily improving their reading abilities.
What should be included in a report card for literacy?
…able to answer basic recall comprehension questions but not higher-level comprehension questions. Using sketching/drawing,… demonstrates that he/she is able to visualize the main ideas of a text. …summarizes fiction texts with main ideas from the beginning, middle, and end.