How do I unfreeze my iPod nano 1st generation?
1 Part 1 of 2: Resetting the Nano
- Toggle the Hold switch. Toggle the Hold switch on and then off again. You should only have to do this once.
- Hold down the Menu and Select buttons at the same time. Hold the buttons for about 6-8 seconds.
- You may need to repeat this process in order to successfully reset the nano.
Why has my iPod Nano stopped working?
Your iPod may just need a soft reset. This is the most common reason why your iPod isn’t turning on. Simply, hold down the power button and the home button at the same time. If this has worked, you will see an Apple logo on your screen.
How do you fix an iPod nano that won’t turn on?
iPod nano (7th generation)
- Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until the screen has turned off.
- Wait for your device to restart.
- Still need help? Plug it into a power source and then try again.
How can I fix my iPod nano?
Troubleshooting iPods Is Easy With The Five R’s
- Reset your iPod by turning it off and on.
- Retry the connection to your computer with a different port or cable.
- Restart your computer and try everything again.
- Reinstall the latest software updates on your iPod or computer.
How do I revive my iPod nano?
Force restart your iPod nano Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button until the screen turns off. Then wait a few seconds for your device to restart. Still need help? Plug your iPod into power, then try again.
How do I update my iPod nano 1st generation?
To update or restore iPod nano with the latest software:
- Go to www.apple.com/support/ipod and download the latest iPod Update.
- Double-click the software installation file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the iPod update.
- Connect iPod nano to your computer and open iTunes.
How do I unlock an old iPod nano?
Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” and “Home” buttons on the Nano. Keep holding them until you see the recovery screen appear. You will be warned about resetting your iPod Nano and losing data. Confirm your selection by selecting the “Restore” button.
How do you revive a dead iPod Nano?
How to Restart an iPod Nano
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the screen goes blank.
- Wait 30 seconds, then press the Sleep/Wake button again to restart.
How do you fix an iPod Nano that wont charge?
Hold down the “Sleep/Wake” button on the upper-right edge of the device and the “-” button on the upper-left edge of the device for eight seconds, or until the gray Apple logo appears on the screen. After the device resets and reboots to the iPod Nano home screen, attempt to charge the device again.
How do you fix an iPod nano that wont charge?
Why does my iPod nano only works when plugged in?
Like your laptop, cell phone and other electronic devices, your iPod is equipped with a rechargeable battery, one you replenish by plugging it into a power source. If your iPod works only when you’re charging it and it’s an older device, your battery may simply have worn out.
When did the 4th generation iPod Nano come out?
4th generation iPod Nano. At the Apple Let’s Rock Event on September 9, 2008, the iPod Nano Fourth Generation was officially announced. It returned to the narrow form factor of the 1st and 2nd Generation model, while retaining and rotating the 51-millimetre (2.0 in) screen from the 3rd gen model.
Are there different colors of the iPod Nano?
The fifth generation iPod Nano had nine finishes: Silver, Black, Purple, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Product Red, Green, and Pink. All had a glossier, shinier finish than the fourth generation. Just like the fourth-generation iPod Nano, Product Red Nano was only available on the Apple Online Store and Apple Retail Store.
What kind of memory does an iPod Nano have?
Specifications Generation and Appearance Generation and Appearance Capacity Colours Connection 7th 16 GB Slate (2012–2013) USB 7th 16 GB Space gray (2013–) 2012–2015 Silver Pink USB 7th 16 GB 2015 models Space gray Silver Gold Pink USB
What’s the name of the 7th generation iPod?
iPod Nano 7th Generation in Space Gray Developer Apple Inc. Manufacturer Foxconn Product family iPod Type Portable media player