How do I reset my Cisco Catalyst 3750 password?
Password Recovery – Reset Procedure
- On a 3750-X switch, Power off the entire stack or standalone switch.
- Reconnect the power to the switch (standalone 3750-X or 3750-X) or stack master (3750-X stack only).
- Now initialize the flash file system, rename the startup configuration file (config.text) and boot the IOS:
How do I reset my Cisco switch password?
Find the below steps to recovery password for Cisco 2960.
- Power off the switch first, then press and hold the mode button while you power on the switch again.
- To initialize the flash file system, run the command:
- You can now list the contents of your flash by running.
- To further boot the switch run the boot command as:
How do I reset my Cisco 3750 to factory settings?
There is another method:
- Break the stack;
- Power up the switch individually;
- Hold down the “Mode” button for 30 seconds and release;
- The switch will reboot into factory default;
- Console into the switch;
- Delete the files VLAN.dat, VLAN.dat.backup, config.text, config.text.backup.
- Renumber the stack.
How to reset the Cisco 3750 switch forgot your password?
Here is how to reset the password for the Cisco 3750 switch. 3.Press the Mode button on the switch, and at the same time, plug in the power cord of the switch.
How does password recovery work in Cisco Catalyst?
For 2955 series switches only: The Catalyst 2955 series switches do not use an external mode button for password recovery. Instead the switch boot loader uses the break-key detection to stop the automatic boot sequence for the password recovery purposes. The break sequence is determined by the terminal application and operating system used.
How to recover from a lost Cisco switch?
The default configuration for the switch allows an end user with physical access to the switch to recover from a lost password by interrupting the boot process during power-on and by entering a new password. These recovery procedures require that you have physical access to the switch.
How to resolve software problems on Cisco Catalyst 3750-X switch?
This chapter describes how to identify and resolve software problems related to the Cisco IOS software on the Catalyst 3750-X or 3560-X switch. Depending on the nature of the problem, you can use the command-line interface (CLI), the device manager, or Network Assistant to identify and solve problems.