How do I reinstall Windows Process Activation Service?
1. Type Start PowerShell in the Command Prompt window to start Windows PowerShell. 2. Type Install-WindowsFeature WAS and press Enter to install the Windows Process Activation Service.
Is Windows Process Activation service necessary?
Windows Process Activation Service “generalizes the Internet Information Services (IIS) process model. The feature is aimed at developers, and usually not required by most Windwos users. Recommendation: Unless you are a developer who requires the feature, turn it off.
How do I start Windows Process Activation Service service?
In this article
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools and then Server Manager.
- In the left navigation pane, right-click Features, and then click Add Features.
- On the Select Features pane, scroll down to Windows Process Activation Service.
- Select the check boxes for Process Model.
Can I disable Windows Process Activation Service?
Disable it. Windows Process Activation Service. This widely misunderstood service is not related to Product Activation but is rather a foundational service for message-based applications and components. It is aimed at developers, and is disabled by default.
What is Windows Process Activation Service used for?
The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) of IIS 7 is the key component that provides process model and configuration features to Web Applications and Web Services. WAS major task is to manage Application Pools. Application Pools are configuration containers that represent the hosting environment for groups of URLs.
How do I enable service?
How to Enable Windows Process Activation Service(WAS) on Windows 10- Easy Steps:
- Click on Start Menu and go to Control panel.
- Switch the view of the Control Panel to Category view.
- Click on Programs.
- Proceed with “Turn Windows features on or off“.
- Windows Features dialog box will appear now.
How do I turn on all services?
How do I Enable all service?
- On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
- Tap or click the Services tab, clear the check box beside Hide all Microsoft services, and then tap or click Enable all.
- Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click Open Task Manager.
How do I enable services in Windows 10?
You can launch services by opening Start, typing: services then hitting Enter. Or, you can press Windows key + R, type: services. msc then hit Enter. Services feature a very basic interface, but within it are hundreds of services, most bundled with Windows 10 and others added by third parties.
How long can I use Windows 10 without activating?
A simple answer is that you can use it forever, but in the long term, some of the features will be disabled. Gone are those days when Microsoft forced consumers to buy a license and kept rebooting the computer every two hours if they ran out of grace period for activation.
How to install Windows Process Activation services ( was )?
When we install the Application Server it provides us an option for installing the Windows Process Activation Services (WAS) for the applications that are built in WCF. Open the Server Manager in Windows Server 2012 and click on the Manage Button to open the “Add Roles and Features” to add the new feature.
How do I Turn Off Process Activation Service?
Switch the view of the Control Panel to Category view. Click on Programs. Proceed with “ Turn Windows features on or off “. Windows Features dialog box will appear now. Locate Windows Process Activation Service from the list and enable it. Windows will search for the required files. It will apply the changes and complete the requested changes.
How to check for IIS Process Activation Service failing?
Check whether you have a file named applicationhost.config.tmp under C:\\windows\\system32\\inetsrv\\config (the folder where your applicationHost.config sits). This temporary file should exist as well to hit such failure. Open iis.log in c:\\windows, scroll down to the end of the file, and search the most recent errors in the log.
How does recycling work in Windows Process Activation Service?
Recycling allows the refresh of worker processes without losing a single request due to down-time. This is done via a feature called “overlapping recycling”. WAS does this by spawning up a new worker process parallel to the old one that is still handling requests.