How do I adopt my UniFi AP controller?
Adoption via the UniFi Network web application
- Launch the Network web application from unifi.ui.com.
- Open the UniFi Devices page.
- Select the device that is ready for adoption.
- Click Adopt.
How factory reset UniFi AP AC Pro?
Reset The Reset button serves two functions for the UniFi AP: • Restart Press and release the Reset button quickly. Restore to Factory Default Settings Press and hold the Reset button for more than five seconds. USB The USB port is reserved for future use.
How do I adopt a UniFi AP via SSH?
- Download, install, and run: Ubiquiti Device Discovery Tool.
- Click “Scan”
- Click “UniFi Family” to switch to the UniFi device view.
- Copy the IP address of the device.
- Download, install, and run: PuTTY.
- Enter the IP address of the UniFi device, Port 22, Connection type: SSH, and click “Open”
- Log in.
What is the range of an outdoor AP?
The 802.11 standard your access point is based on is relevant to determine the area your device can cover: for instance, the maximum Wi-Fi signal range your access point is able to reach under the current 802.11n standard is 230 feet (70 metres), whereas under the newer 802.11ac the covered range is similar but the …
How do I configure an outdoor access point?
Simply connect the access point to one of the ports of your existing wired/wireless router then configure the access point’s wireless settings.
- Open the access point’s web-based setup page by entering the default IP Address “192.168.
- On the web-based setup page, click on Wireless.
- Enter the Network Name (SSID).
Can I use UniFi AP without controller?
UniFi APs can run by themselves without the controller unless features like guest portal is enabled (as UniFi controller also functions as a captive portal). Restarting the controller won’t restart your APs.